Hilletie Scott Halliday
Stefan Bielinski

Hilletie Scott was identified as an Albany spinster when she married newcomer merchant Samuel Halliday at St. Peter's church in December 1759.

She may have been the Hilletie Scott baptized at the Albany Dutch church in November 1738 as the daughter of Robert and Agnietie Williams Scott. She likely was the sister of Albany resident John Scott.

By 1779, she was identified as the "Widow Holliday" and the head of a first ward home of some substance in conjunction with John Scott. In 1790, John Scott's household included one man and one woman.

After that, her name dropped from Albany rolls.

biography in-progress


the people of colonial Albany Sources: The life of Hilletie Scott Halliday is CAP biography number 1170. This sketch is derived chiefly from community-based resources.

Home | Site Index | Navigation | Email | New York State Museum

first posted: 3/5/04