Hanna Farrell Fryer
By the 1750s, she had become the wife of Albany native William Fryer. Her husband was a baker and they became residents of the first ward living with or near other Fryer family members. By 1760, four daughters had been christened at St. Peter's Anglican church where both parents were members. In 1768, she was a widow and her family had four members.
Beginning in February 1771, she had business with the Albany municipal government when a committee was formed to "get" a new well near her home. Over the next decade, her accounts were paid by the city on a number of occasions. In 1779, the "widow of Wm. Fryer" was acknowledged as the owner of a first ward property of modest value.
Hanna Farrell Fryer was last referenced in May 1781 when her account with the city was paid in bushels of wheat.
Sources: The life of Hanna Farrell Fryer is CAP biography number 8022. This sketch is derived chiefly from family and community-based resources.
first posted: 7/10/07